snowed in!

SNOW DAY! First snow day of the season.......right now it's 6:53 am, and the snow is gently falling outside. The roads are snow-covered and my kids are still sleeping. I can hear them snoring softly, sleeping all the better because they know that school is off. There is something about sleeping in on a snow day. It just seems like you get better rest. George got up with me at 5:30 this morning to listen to the radio for the cancellations. We made coffee (Dunkin Donuts coffee!), and just sat here to enjoy the morning. He worked at the house last night until almost 10:30, and I got mad at him because I told him he's killing himself. Then I told him I was sorry because I know he just wants to finish the house. So, he's upstairs blowdrying his hair, and when he's done we're going to drink more coffee. He just needs to sit a little bit and regain himself. Not regain his strength, but regain himself. He's been really working hard to finish a big house in Farmerstown, and also keeps ours on track. I worked at the house yesterday caulking windows and filling nail holes in the new window frames. But for now, I'm content to just look out the window and watch the snow fall. Maybe we need to pull out some board games today!

Comments

Tina said…
Love, love , love, snow days! I miss them from when my kids were home. We used to have so much fun on those days.

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts