big red star w/gold lights!

I love my island light! I stood there yesterday and watched it hanging from it's silver chain, gleaming silver and glass and I was happy. My bones are sore this morning though from all the trimming I did yesterday. I trimmed paint on all the windows, trim and doorways in the bedroom, kitchen, and living room. I realized, again, how much I hate painting--and how much I love that my husband is a professional painter. That doesn't stop him, however, from making me paint. I want to paint, so we can move in, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! I'd much rather be scouring junk stores for the perfect desk, bed, or architectural salvage to hang. Sigh. I had a moment of despair when I realized I would be painting this trim again, and that's not even counting the trim up the steps and into the upstairs bedrooms! Help!

Painting with George, though, is a trip. We had 94.1 on who only is playing Christmas songs right now. He walks around singing these Christmas songs in the stupidest voices, and just makes me crack up. Not to mention the lyrics he inserts instead of the right ones. I love it that after 20 years together he still can make me laugh AND go weak in the knees. It's a shady combination! :):)

I took my camera yesterday so I could post some pics, and wouldn't you know that I forgot to take pictures. I still have it in my bag, but today I'm going shopping with mom to Dover after work, so I may not have time to snap some. I really want to put some on though because the house is really taking shape. I finally put lights on my big red star outside. I thought to myself that if we can just get the star lit up, people will know that things are coming along. It's like a beacon to me too. Maybe that's what I'll do. I'll go out tonight and take a picture of the star on my house. Then I'll post that along with pics of the house. Look for that later!

Comments

Tina said…
Missy, I rejoice with you and get excited when I get an update on the house. I wish I lived closer, I would jump in and help you get that painting done. I love to paint! Crazy, right? Anyway, enjoy your shopping. Be blessed, Tina

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts