snow

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Granted, it includes picking out color combinations for six rooms and a hallway, but I can see it! The downstairs is nearly finished, and next week they will be working on finishing the upstairs. Our contractor Mark, said he'll be working all next week---that means everyday all day! Yes. Our heating is finally done so it's nice and toasty in there too. Thank you God for giving me patience!


I heard this morning that snow was forecast for this weekend. I always celebrate when I here there's snow coming. I know there were a few flakes flying around here earlier this week, but nothing substantial. There's something about that first snowfall. That first flake that drops gently down to nestle on the ground. I could sit and stare at snow for hours. The more it blows the happier I am! Think me crazy, but I don't care. There's something simple and beautiful in the way the flakes pile up into a soft blanket of white. It softens the landscape and hides all the imperfections.


I'll be waiting by the window.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts