life & soccer


Life goes on in an endless circle. Whether we have or have not...whether we're happy or sad...it just keeps on going. Sometimes it would be nice just to step off that circle and watch everyone else go around. My favorite saying right now is this, "When you come to the end of your rope .... tie a knot and hold on." Or maybe it should be tie a knot in Jesus' robe and hang on.... :)

I think things are looking up around here. That knot of anxiety I've been living with for the last six months seems to have loosened up just a bit. I started a new job...again....but this time I love it! I am officially an "opener" at the Berlin Village Inn. Who would've thought that getting up at 4:45 a.m. three days a week would appeal to me? Not I. But here I am and I really like it. I set up the continental breakfast and tend it...and I check people out of their rooms, and I'm done by 10:30. It's fun, and the people are super. Thanks for telling me about it, Teresa...:)! It's good to feel like I'm accomplishing something.

The weather is changing and I'm feeling like summer is here. We sat outside all weekend and watched the kids play soccer in the backyard. All three of my kids have become soccer maniacs now.....oh excuse me...FUTBOL! They correct me and tell me I have to use the name that the "rest" of the world uses for it. Hunter and Selena even put on opposing Brazil and Mexico jerseys the other night and had a shootout. I'm excited to watch them all this fall.

Thank you God for summer.......
for my children......
for my husband......
and for helping me to keep the faith
when it seemed to much too bear.....


WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE.....TIE A KNOT AND HOLD ON.......!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice analogy............should be the title of your book! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts