clothes

Did you ever stop and think about clothes? Why we need them....how many we need? How much we should not spend on them? During this past winter, I've realized how much I don't need new clothes. It used to be that whenever there was an occasion, I.E.: birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving....that I thought I needed a new top or an outfit. I guess it would make me feel good about myself. When you don't have alot of money, you begin to realize how foolish buying new clothes all the time is. You see those ladies walking in the mall with bags from Aero, Gap, and everything else in between. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop. But is all that money well spent? When someone tells me they got a deal on shoes for only $40 dollars I cringe. I have a hard time spending more than $2.50 for flip-flops at Old Navy every summer! No that's not true....I have spent $10 on shoes before...:) I'll tell you though, those occasions would come and go and I wore something...GASP...old! Or at least old to me. I'm sure no one else even noticed. I have to say that I am a cheapskate when it comes to shopping. I'm always looking for the best bargain, be it food or clothing. I always want to be in style though, or at least look like I'm trying. I don't think the trendy will ever go out of me... I'll shop at Gabe's until the day I die, for myself and my whole family. You can put together a super outfit there for $10.....and I'm so not kidding. I guess my mentality has changed. Yes you can put expensive outfits on your credit card...but you just have to pay them off then. MY ADVICE FOR THE DAY: THROW ALL CREDIT CARDS OUT THE DOOR!

Yesterday, George and I were going through our closets trying to piece together outfits for Chris & Tessa's wedding on Saturday. I pulled out nasty dresses from 10 years ago and tried them on. Not bad, just not in style. George was being positive and telling me how nice they looked. I just looked at him and said...."Yes, they are nice.....for 1995!" I do have a nice red dress that I got for Jonni's wedding....but I've worn it to every wedding in between also. I tried on some black skirts with a billowy red top.....too winterish. Then I tried on another dress that made me feel like the church lady. Sigh. Weren't those things nice when I bought them awhile ago? Maybe they were trendy then....but now they made feel like I was on the "worst-dressed list" in people magazine! Hmmmmmmm........ there's always the clearance rack at Wal-Mart.....it's just that everything from there shrinks after you wash it once! Maybe we'll have to make a Wal-Mart-Save&Serve-Goodwill run this afternoon?.......that might be nice.

Now if I could just get the girls to wear those girls size 10 skirts that are still hanging in their closets from eons ago...! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts