Cabin Fever?

 I have never had cabin fever.  The kids have missed 5 1/2 out of the last 9 days of school -- ALL snow days.  The snow is now higher than my porch, and STILL I am not sick of the powdery goodness.  I've heard tell that the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a monster storm by the end of February, which yes, is next week. They are saying that it could top 20 inches.  This would make me surrounded by about 5 feet of snow.  I think I'm embracing the goodness.  All the more cozy to watch the Winter Olympics -- which by the way are struggling to keep good snow on the ground. 

I'm sitting here at my comp staring out the window at the blowing white stuff.  It's only lightly flurrying right now, but just won't let up.  On my mind this morning is my Belle.  I've just been thinking about her future after college, and the tools she will need to get where she wants to go.  I've always been a little more of a lenient parent, strict when I need to be.  My husband knows what she needs to hear to get her motivated.  She'll be needing a job this summer when she comes home, and he wants her to try and get something that will relate to what she's studying.  He wants me and her to think outside of the "restaurant-mentality" job search.  Look for internships, temp office jobs and so forth, he says.  He is so right, and if I can just shut my trap for two seconds and hear him, I will know what he says is wise.  Sometimes my tongue and brain speak for me before I listen. 

After this post, I'm sitting my tookus down to read for awhile.  I'm such a sucker for those bawdy Philippa Gregory books on long ago England.  All torn corsets and grubby fires burning shallowly for dirty-faced hopeful queen consorts.  That's just what I need after two weeks of getting ready for the Ashland Home & Garden Show.  I barely had time for myself -- and what this self needs is some face time with my book.  Take a gander at my quote below my header.  You all know I love you, but in the back of my mind, yes, I'm think about my book.  Ha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts