thrills & chills

Here's a few sayings about Halloween.... There's something about the chill that travels up your spine....that adrenaline rush that travels to the tips of your toes. I love to be scared... I don't love the evil things about Halloween--just give me a good thrill and bag full of chocolate and I'm set! I remember trick or treating in Berlin back when I was sooo little...like 4 or so. I remember stopping at a house and seeing someone in an owl mask. I was so scared I felt like I couldn't stop shivering. It's a distinct memory---maybe that's where my love for good ghost story or haunted ride through Panther Hollow come from....I may never know!


A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night. ~J.M. Barrie


Backward, turn backward,
O Time, in your flight
make me a child again
just for to-night!
~Elizabeth Akers Allen


From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
~Scottish Saying

May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright
Of soft and golden hue
Pierce through the future’s veil and show
What fate now holds for you.
~Author Unknown


Happy Halloween!



Comments

Tina said…
Just catchin' up with you. What a funny fam you have.
T

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts