Chaos!

I haven't had much of a breath for the last few weeks, much less time to sit down and blog. Between soccer games and life there's not much time left. Soccer is almost over though, so maybe I'll have more time to breathe. Here's a few things in my chaotic world:

--Having 6 soccer games a week leaves you cold and wanting strong coffee!

--The upside to the coldness is dragging out the sweatshirts and shoes with (gasp) socks! aahhh!

--The drama in your kids lives can completely erase whatever is going on with yours.

--Realizing the drama in your kids lives is only for a moment and that they'll be ok....maybe.

--Slipping away in the middle of the day to see a romantic flick with your husband can do you
a world of good. Go see "Nights in Rodanthe". It'll make you cry!

--My daughter turns 18 this saturday.....does this officially make me old?

--I turn 40 this saturday too.....now that really must make me old!

--realizing that 40 is the beginning of the rest of my life! Now I don't have to care what anyone
thinks of me!

--Here's a quote: "40 is being 18 with 22 years of experience"

--When my daughters started being interested in boys it was easy to relate to them.

--Now that my seventh grade son is interested in girls, I would love to beat the girls with a stick
and tell them to get lost. ( I haven't done this---does thinking about it count against me?)

--Extended families can be fragile land full of mysterious paths and vaporous feelings.....

--Planning birthday parties in this fragile land is even more mysterious. Watch out for the cliffs
that sneak up on you and you fall right off of!

This is the best I can do right now to catch you up on my chaotic world. It's more and probably a little less dramatic than I've made it out to be, but on this cloudy Monday it's all you're gonna get! Maybe by Friday I'll be a little more coherent. I'm headed out to Triway for Selena's game tonight. I need another night of cold to knock some sense into me!

Comments

Marcia said…
Happy early birthday! My birthday is in September, and the year I was turning 40 I dreaded it the whole year up until September, but then I realized that the only alternative to getting older is being dead, so I decided 40 wasn't that bad after all ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts