My week

Here's an overview of my week:

-- Traveled the girls soccer tournament trail twice to watch my baby play in the sectionals down below Zanesville. Won the first game on Monday, and lost on Wednesday. Way to go, Selena! Good season, and always sad to see it end. On the other hand, no more $6 tickets to pay for. :) And honestly, I don't think I would want to go down there again -- they don't make popcorn for soccer games! They thought I was out of my mind when I ordered it. Well, guess what, I thought they were out of their minds! haha

--Set up for my niece Heather's garage sale in Berlin. She has never had a garage sale in her life, therefore there was much to be done! We had a two-dayer, and plan on having a sort of "perpetual garage sale" if you will. As she pulls out more stuff, we will have more sales. She doesn't park in the garage so it all works out.

--Tonight we worked outside. It's alot of fun getting your kids out there to mow and weedeat on any given day after school starts. They somehow think that school exempts you from work -- NOT. After some arm-twisting, motors were running and weeds were being whacked. This is the time of year I long for it to freeze for good. The grass needs to die -- now! I cleaned out the patio area, raked some leaves and tidied up a bit. You will not, however, see me cutting flower stalks down. I've boycotted that this year, and am awaiting the day they become odd-looking snow sculptures with the first snow.

--I'm excited that this was the week my washer decided to die! Just kidding. The washer has been a faithful friend to me for 15 years -- and it was used when we bought it. It's been making odd groaning noises for the last year, then on to a grinding screech. How do you kill an old friend? Just keep washing with it until it dies and throws water all over your pre-fabricated floor. That usually does the trick. The dryer control has died too. Exciting week!

--Selena is leaving tomorrow for the Circleville Pumpkin Show/Band trip. My little flutist will march in two parades tomorrow, stay overnight, then off to OSU and a shopping trip to Easton. I guess this is not something I'm doing, but anything my kids do is in my realm. She's excited.

--Since I've been gone everyday this week, tomorrow I plan to read. I'm sure, though, that this will not come to pass. Always something comes up and takes precedence over my leisurely reading day. I am allowed to have one once in awhile! The book I'm reading is called "Water for Elephants". I'm loving it...the whole one page per day I can ever get read. Sigh.

--I have two pounds of hamburger out to thaw -- any interesting hamburger recipes I haven't tried 20 times? Really, I'm open....

--Along with reading day tomorrow, it's also Hunter/Missy evening. I think Hunter is burned out with Java Jo's every Friday and has opted lately to stay in with me, Mom. We make Toll House Marble Squares and watch our favorite show, Ghost Adventures. I love Fridays.

--Coffee time with George has been lacking this week, what with his job putting in new countertops and sinks for Stacey Beck. Busy, busy... need to catch up with him.

I'm now officially tired and heading for my soft bed. You're all probably sleeping anyway from reading about my mundane week. It might be boring, but it was mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts