Happy Halloween



One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.
~Emily Dickinson


I love Halloween. Not "All Hallows Eve" or the evil aspects of it, just the good creepy fun that makes shivers run down your spine. About five years ago, I sent in a little story to a website that collects eerie experiences in Ohio. Go here to read about it. It seems silly now to read about it, but at the time we were more than a little freaked out!

As we speak, Hunter has tried on about
ten different costume choices for Trick or Trunk tonight. He is definitely my "special effects" artist in the family. I think he should have a show on Nickelodeon. :) I also think it would be cool to go to the Ghost Walk in Millersburg. It's put on by the Millersburg Historical Society and has live actors acting out the "experiences" that they tell you about. Not sure I will go, but thinking about it.

My friend Leslie Limon, who lives in Mexico, shared a spooky little experience that was very interesting to read. Go here to read her story! It will give you a little shiver.

I had a very interesting week working at Coblentz Chocolates. I've been hired there as seasonal help, working up until Christmas. It's the first time in 20 years I've worked a 40 hour work week. Crazy. It's also very hard watching all the chocolates and caramels go by and not just grabbing them to eat! Kind of interesting, Women Who Eat Chocolate... and now I'm working in a Chocolate Factory! How ironic.

Happy Halloween!


Comments

Leslie Harris said…
Thanks for the link Missy! You work in a Chocolate Factory? I keep imagining you as Lucille Ball in an old "I Love Lucy" episode. :D
Tina said…
Oh that boy of yours...cute and funny. I think it runs in the family. Enjoy Halloween.
T
Missy said…
Oh Leslie...the chocolates that come through there are stupendous. My Aunt also reminded me of that "I Love Lucy" episode -- and yesterday I DID work on the conveyor belt! haha
Missy said…
and we will T! what were you guys up to this week? will there be surprises to come?

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts