French Women Don't Get Fat




Well, I'm still in alot of pain. This is the second week I haven't been able to work. I don't know how much longer I can justify laying in my bed all day. :) To be honest, I can walk around and sit for awhile, but it kills me to drive. George called me (thinking I was feeling better), and wondered if I would go get Burger King for breakfast...(is that included in my french diet?)...hmmm.. Anyway, I decided I would try this. He's working up at the condos in Berlin, so I drove up there to get money and to get the food. Remind me not to drive again until I feel okay! I was in tears by the time I got back to the house. It was horrible. I think it must be the way I have to bend my leg to drive. I just can't do it.....and Belle is in California all week! She is my driver! At least I can sit for longer periods of time now....it's just ridiculous though. When you're sick you get better, but I guess with back pain it takes longer. I feel guilty being down for this long.

I am determined to try this french way of eating though. I've had that book for a long time now, almost 2 years, and I have never read it. I guess it takes being bed-ridden to read books you've been putting off. It just sounds so simple and fresh the way they eat. All the food is what a diabetic can eat too.....fish...nuts....fresh fruit....yummmm....and the best part is the dark chocolate in small amounts. They don't deprive themselves...they just eat small portions. Our american way of eating is too huge. They eat pasta too, but in very small amounts, not the huge bowls we tend to live on. I love pasta. sigh.

Right now I'm reading a book on a man who traveled through Siberia. When I was a teenager, I used to want to travel to Siberia. People thought I was crazy. I just have this traveling itch to go to the most remote places on earth. I could picture myself in the most freezing part of the planet in some log cabin. I used to pore through the encyclopedias and look at maps to see what parts of the world looked interesting. No internet back then. I also had an itch to travel to Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey...anywhere off the beaten path. I want to go the back streets of these places and find really cool run-down buildings and imagine their history. I would publish pictures of them and write blurbs about them. Maybe someday I can still do this....George has just as much of a traveling bug as I do. Now if I could just win that mega million.....


Vive les mangueses de chocolat!

Comments

Tina said…
Sorry you are suffering with this pain so much. I had a slight problem with this some years ago and what worked was massotherapy. My muscles were so tight around that nerve that it was a few painful massages and it started to feel better then stretching and staying active helped. I will be praying for you. Thanks for commenting on my blog and we will be praying for Rhonda to get this house sold and get moving on her mission. I'll be thinking of you today.
Blessings
Anonymous said…
We both have what Fern coined......"The Stutzman Wandering Butt"

And the eating.....I need to get back on track. Dark chocolate is actually good and just a little satisfies!!!
Hummel Family said…
I pray that your pain will GO AWAY! I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you can enjoy summer.

Love
JoEllen

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts