time keeps on slipping...slipping...slipping into the future...

I'm not moving. At least in the direction I want to be going. There's so many things swishing and sloshing around inside my head and none of them are getting accomplished. Let's take writing for example. I have about 10 unfinished novels inside of my head, and at least one book on garage sales (LOL). Every morning I get up I say to myself that I'm going to get started on at least one of them. Then the kids get up, or George is at home and wants to talk....(which is fine!).....but they all throw me off track. I need to carve out a space of time for myself and just do it. I need to say to my kids, no standing over my shoulder waiting for their turn on the computer. It's very annoying having a face right beside you....then sitting on the steps staring at you.....or walking past me 10 times. I know exactly what they want so sometimes it's easier just to get off and let them have it. Why oh why don't they sleep in until 12:00 like I did? Just kidding. My kids are not little anymore, and they don't really bug me at all like they used to. Now it's just pointed glares that mean "come on mom I want to check my Myspace!"....... LOL. I need to ask myself though...do I take the time to do this when they're in school? Then I have about 9 hours until they come home from school and practices to type to my heart's content. But do I? Hmmmmm..........I guess not because I see no books printed or royalty checks coming in! Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe I'm just procrastinating. I think deep down I'm scared that I won't be able to do it. Now I wonder who could be telling me that.......maybe........the Devil?

Hahahahahaha..... A little deep for a Monday morning but I know that old trickster loves to tell me what I won't be able to do. I'm a little sick of his attitude! Maybe I should put on some old Carman music...that always gets me in a good mood and sends old Satan out the door. I believe in myself and the gifts that God has given me, and it's time for me to use them. God didn't give this gift to let it set under the tree unopened. Time to rip off the paper and get started.

Comments

Tina said…
You must write your garage sale book!!! I need it!~ The world needs it! Ok, that's a bit much, but carve out time for 15-30 minutes of writing a day. You have much to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts