39 and holding

Okay...I made it to 39 and I still feel like I'm 21. Although my sciatic nerve would have to disagree. I've heard it said that we need to start acting our age as we inch closer to 40-----well I don't want too! I want to be the age I am, but still have a young heart. Just the other day I got the urge to one of those haunted houses they have up this time of year. I love to go and get the willies scared out of me.

Guess what happened yesterday. As you probably know, today is Belle's birthday too. Yes, she was my gift 17 years ago. Anyway, we were planning a party for her and her friends here at mom's house. Mom and Dad are going back to Fern's to camp there for the weekend. Well, yesterday she comes home with a petition signed by all of her friends and her saying that they want to still have the party at our burned out house! They thought it would be so cool if they could have a huge bonfire and take tours through the house to get scared. Some of the guys even had plans to buy scary outfits and hide up in Hunter's room. Oh man.....after thinking about it George and I decided it was kind of a cool idea. So..........we gave in and now are kind of excited about it. We're trying to think of all kinds of spooky stuff we can do. Right up my alley.
I'll take some pics and post them on here. I love to set an eerie atmosphere. We were always the parents to have the Halloween party. One year we even had a Fear Factor contest. Nothing like sardines and prune juice blended together to make you puke. Now that was a fun evening.

Well, better go so I can get some reading done on this lazy day of mine. I'm reading the second book in that Twilight Series.....nothing like a good vampire book. haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts