creative writing 101

The last few days I have sat here and stared at my computer screen knowing what I need to do. I need to write. I need to write articles to publish....I need to start writing George's life story into book form.....I just need to write! What's stopping me? I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I have the patience to write a whole book....I know it's inside me and wants to come out. Maybe it's time to tame the beast and just start. Maybe that's how I could make some extra money. I always feel intimidated, like no one would want to read what I write. I guess it's just that old insecure self that keeps on bubbling up to the surface.....that self that thinks I'm not good enough to do anything. It's time to slay it and move on. God doesn't put whispers in your head for nothing. Since I've started writing for the church newsletter, many people have told me they can't wait to read what I write next....maybe that's a sign too. I think it's time to take it and run with it.

Lately I have had so many things popping into my head about different articles I could write. Different subjects that I have an opinion on. I even have looked into the guidelines for submitting articles into different magazines. Ok......I'm gonna do it. I'm tired of not being productive with the talents God has given me. I'm tired of hiding behind my facade of insecurity. I'm jumping into it....... GO ME!!!!!

Now if I could just tackle that laundry pile with the same gusto...........!

Comments

Tammy Lynn said…
Missy, YOU CAN DOOO IT! Of course people will like to read what you write. And what do you have to lose? Just do it!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts