Summer Days

Hot and humid is pressing on my window panes.  The air feels so heavy that it's as if I'm walking through jello.  College financial prep drug on forever this summer -- FOREVER!  The girl will be returning to Florida on or thereabouts August 16 which is quickly bearing down on us.  The separation this year won't be as hard.  I'll miss her, but am getting used to the stretching and separating that goes along with your kids growing up.  I'm looking forward to helping her get ready to go.  She'll be flying back this time as so many trips to Florida are hard on the pocketbook.  My younger two will be entering their Sophomore and Freshman years this year.  Growing up way too quickly.  I watch them, dark heads bent together, talking and laughing and realize that all too soon they will be gone from me too.  I look to that day with a little bit of apprehension and also little bit of excitement.  Maybe George and I will take off on our adventures then.  Who knows what the future holds.  For now I just enjoy what each day brings me.  I'm enjoying the kids so much right now.  There's hardly any fighting like when they were younger -- either that or I'm just calmer as I get older.  Either way, I'm loving my life right now....

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey there! Thanks for putting me on your links. Bloggy peeps! how nice. I'll be back t read more soon, Laurie
Missy said…
Thanks Laurie -- I love your blog...very refreshing!

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts