My name is Missy, and I'm a Facebook-aholic

Not sure if it's the slow down that summer brings or if I'm just lazy.  I simply haven't felt like updating my blog like a good little blogger!  Or maybe it's because there are more people in the house from day to day.  When I write, I need complete silence.  Anything, including the TV, and yes, the ever-pulsating iPod booming from upstairs distracts me.  Maybe I need a Facebook vacation.  I'll admit it right here and now -- I think I have a FB addiction.  I get on it in the morning when I check e-mail, I get on at noon, and just about anytime in-between.  My husband is threatening an intervention -- technology style!  I tell him, isn't your laundry done?  Don't you have a hot meal on the table? Then that insidious itch starts to scratch and I just have to know what everyone is up to, even though I don't talk to everyone everyday.  Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, is a genius who is also an evil mastermind underneath.  Facebook is the single most awesome time-sucker in the world.  It  draws me in almost everyday.  Hmmmm....that intervention is starting to look like a good idea!  I love to network, though.  I use FB not only to connect with friends, but I use it to get my writing out there.  It's a good way for people to see me as the writer I want to be.  I also use it to put links and pictures to what my hubby is doing in his painting/texturing business.  If only I got paid for all my creative uses for FB!  Alas not meant to be.  Maybe Twitter is hiring social media jockeys? 

Comments

stopping by from sits sharefest and agree about social media hiring.LOL
Unknown said…
Yes, I am in need of a FB intervention too. And your blog is cool. Love the title.

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts