Authentic Candor

Yesterday I said I would be posting a big blog post today -- sorry if I made anyone think something major was going on!  Sometimes my mind goes off on a tangent and I get all sorts of ideas.  Then they just disappear.  In December I wrote an article for a small publication called Timbrel.  It came out this week and for the first time ever, my picture and name were beside an article for the whole world to see.  I was pretty happy about that.  I will see if I can post a link to it somewhere on here soon.  It's small commentary piece, but still it was published. Yay.

I've been thinking alot, praying alot, and giving alot of things up to God.  My kids, my husband, our life together, my house -- all sorts of things kind of jumbled together.  Belle is on my mind alot lately and I've been especially doing the mom thing with her --- praying, but letting her initiate contact with  me.  Lucky for me she doesn't let more than a day go by without calling.  Texting is most everyday so I'm privy to most of what's going on with her life.  She's on spring break right now and lives right in spring break central.  Beach, eating, and sleeping are high on her agenda.  The other day they visited the Kardashian's store called "Dash" in Miami.  They were there when "E" was filming the show, and they were able to sign release forms to be extras on the show.  Bummer though, they were next in line to go in and they stopped filming for the night.  They told them to come back same time and they would get on.  We'll see -- she was so excited and sent various pics of the store (which she did actually shop in earlier in the day) and of Kourtney Kardashian seen very thinly behind a curtain.  Haha. 

Two words have been coming together for me for awhile now.  Authenticity is one of them, and candor is the other.  Put together, it's "Authentic Candor".  Not sure exactly why I keep running these words through my brain. Different things have happened through the last several years of my life that required both of those words.  I think once I hit forty that I just was tired of pretending to be someone I wasn't.  You can spot a fake a mile away, and nothing burns me more than fakeness.  Authenticity is what I'm striving for, and hopefully people can see that in me.  Candor is being open and transparent and saying how it is.  I think these two separate words, put together, are how I will live my life from now on. Bring it on life -- I'm ready for you.

Comments

Tina said…
Good post. God was laying on my heart in the past year about Authenticity. ...as a wife, mother, daughter of Christ, as an artist. And not to compartmentalize and be fragmented, but allow authenticiy to infiltrate every area of my life. I'm convinced it has to be an intentional path everyday.

I'm with ya chickie. Be authentic and I love your candor. God created an original and she is soooo good.

Have a blessed weekend, my friend
T
p.s. Congrats again on the publication

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts