howling winds of november

It's cold...and the leaves are whipping around my front porch like whirling dervishes. I just love this time of year. It's so crisp, and the sky can be so blue yet so gray at the same time. I've finally gotten motivated. I've been busy with my new project last week and this week and it's going well. Hopefully I can stay on track and not get lost in computer world---which is soooo easy to do.

Tomorrow I'm going with Rhonda and mom up to Canton to peruse the Habitat ReStore for a few treasures. The house is getting done bit by bit...in fact most of the painting is done upstairs. When the the new room is done in the basement then the painting will start in full swing down there. It will be good when everyone is moved in there and settled. Tomorrow we hope to find a few things that they need for the house. George put in a whole week there last week. He focused on the ceilings which were cracked and in need of stucco repair. He filled cracks and smoothed everything out with a new layer of stucco. Then he painted all the ceilings---that man amazes me how fast he gets things done.

I need to go put supper in the oven early right now---we have an All-Star soccer game to go watch tonight. Belle has the honor of playing in this game at Triway tonight for the Tri-County League. I think we're going to freeze. We had her soccer banquet last night and it was a tad bittersweet. She won the captain's award and brought home her first trophy. We took pics of all the seniors and had to dry a tear or two.... Wow, if it's this bad now how will it be at graduation?

Comments

Marcia said…
Ooooh, nice use of "whirling dervishes" :)
Tina said…
Hey there, I know you've been busy as well as the whole fam with the auction and the new house. I'll be there with Rhonda next week helping out with some painting. Hope I get to see ya.
T

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts