A few quotes that move me.


helping others

Christmas is here. The lights are softly glowing in my home, inside and out, and sharing the glow of the tree is the best thing there is. I'm convicted this time of year, always, about what I haven't done. Have I made a difference in someone's life? Have I complained too much this year? Have I been hateful and full of bitterness? These quotes speak to me, and I wanted to share them with you:

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”  ~ John Bunyan

“We only have what we give.”  ~ Isabelle Allende

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” ~ Anne Frank

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”  ~ Charles Dickens

“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.” ~ Charles de Lint

“Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.”  ~ Mother Teresa

“Give, but give until it hurts.” ~ Mother Teresa

“Sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare.”  ~ Mike McIntyre

Comments

Unknown said…
Love this blog! And motivated me to look for people I can help.

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts