My Christmas Stuff

Christmas, you've snuck up on me once again.

I knew you were coming, but once again p.r.o.c.r.a.s.t.i.n.a.t.i.o.n reigns supreme in my world.  ...and I love it.  To me, there's nothing like Christmas shopping and discovering wonders, deals, and snapping items up happily on a whim.

Lights, one by one, have been strung on my porch and throughout my home.  The manger scene is twinkling on top of the TV cabinet where it's held court for as many years as we've lived here.  Chipped camel and all.



My decorations aren't spectacular, things are chipped and cracked.  But they are mine.  Loved and worn to a perfection that lives in my heart.  The old Christmas balls are the only things my kids will put on the tree.  Red, gold, green and speckled with age.  Every year they are dragged out and the kids gently hang them on.

I don't aim to compete, or feel inferior when it comes to decorating for Christmas.  I just know I need to feel it in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts