Snippets of my life

Snapshot of my week:


~ work
~ fetch kids from various practices
~ attempt to make a supper that falls far below my standards
~ tell myself it's okay to have tuna melts, again, for supper
~ work
~ sit and listen to a girl who just wants to be back to normal
~ share tissues, tears, and good convo in the purple room with aforementioned girl
~ marvel at boy who has managed to sell $500 in Hiland soccer paraphernalia
~ get suckered into buying a more expensive Hiland soccer shirt by said boy
~ realize after handing over check he could sell dirt if he wanted to
~ work
~ drink coffee 
~ buy half & half for the second time in 3 days
~ make mental note to cut down on the coffee
~ brew more coffee
~ watch girl hold back tears as she comes home and tells me the soccer bus left without her to their Triway game
~ try to figure out what happened and know only that they thought everyone was there and must have left early because she was there right at 5:15
~ pull weeds, trim out of control bushes that I don't remember planting
~ try to wrap my head around the fact that they never even texted to see if Selena was coming
~ remember:  assuming makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"
~ remind myself not to use "ass" on my blog anymore
~ tell myself it's finally Wednesday and I'm off until next Tuesday!
~ talk to child in Florida and make sure she makes it home safe after babysitting
~ remind myself she is almost 21 and it's safe to bike to her apartment at night
~ thank Jesus for my family
~ look at George and still get that fluttery feeling after 23 years
~ make him a cup of coffee that's extra sweet
~ remind myself that these days are precious and few and not lose them to anger
~ even though I love this new laptop to death, remind myself I still need to get lost in a book


"Tell me, what is it that you will do with this one wild and precious life?"  ~ Mary Oliver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts