Reminder

Christmas season is full upon us, and we wait with bated breath for the lovely day.  As for me, I don't seem to have enough hours in the day to get things accomplished!  I love my new job, and the extra $ it brings.  I'm feeling an extra spring in my step -- kind of like my eyes have been opened to new possibilities.  I've found that my days off (Thursday and Friday) are filled with all manner of catching up, grocery shopping, and squeezing in appts. and other paraphernalia.  I am loving it.  

Belle flies home in frosty air tomorrow and will land at the Canton/Akron Airport at 6 pm.  Can't believe she's halfway through her sophomore year in college.  We realized that she no longer had a winter coat -- only her letterman's jacket, and who wants to wear that when you're out of high school?  On a Christmas trek last week, I picked her up a nice pea coat at Forever 21.  I love that store, and especially their prices. 

Selena got her driving permit last week.  She simply passed a test and we got in the car and drove home!  Fifteen and a half.  Where did all that time go?  She's doing a great job driving to and fro.  I think I'm a bit older and calmer than I was when Belle got her permit 4 1/2 years ago.  Or maybe the two are just different personalities?  I think the latter is true -- Belle never wanted to listed to any of my instruction and Selena just takes it in and keeps going.  Right about now is when I wish Selena and Hunter were a little farther apart in age.  He will be driving before I know it.

I got up with Jack Frost still nipping at my nose this morning.  Five-thirty comes around too quickly.  As I walked out into the living room, and plugged in my Christmas tree I waited just a bit to turn on my computer.  As the tree lit the darkened room with it's softly glowing lights, I was once again reminded of how much I have and what I should be thankful for.  My children are healthy and thriving.  My husband loves me and is working steadily.  I have once again regained who I know I am to be.  God loves us and we are warm.  What else do I need?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace in the madness of mothering

We are Ghosts